Puja Holidays




Puja Holidays are my favorite holiday after the summer and winter holidays. All the schools and colleges are closed during these holidays. I wait eagerly for pooja holidays because in these holidays I enjoy a lot and it gives us time to be relaxed after studying for many days.


Durga puja and chhat puja (it is the famous festival of Bihar) which are the two main holidays because it happens for many days. In Durga puja, I enjoy it a lot. I visit different fairs(pandals). The most beautiful pandal is organized at 'Chhatoni' and 'Raja Bazar' which is one of the famous places of my home town Motihari. During this festival, people worship the goddess Durga. After this Diwali and chhat puja holiday come. I am very excited because these are my favorite festivals. On Diwali morning we all wake up early in the morning and start preparation such as cleaning 'Diyas' and sweeping the floors. At night when we light the diyas. It looks very beautiful and then we burst the crackers. After few days of Diwali, chhat puja come. I become very excited in this festival because I go to my village where my granny lives. My granny keeps fast on this day and goes to the ghat to worship the sun god. A special type of prasad is prepared. We go to the ghat twice one in the evening and the other in the morning. After this winter holiday come and I wait eagerly for them. I spent my holidays very happily and start waiting for the next pooja holidays.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post